Monday, October 27, 2008

Never Say Never

That's right - never say never. I told ya'll I am a city girl. I have always told Craig that there is no need for him to hunt because I will never cook anything that he might bring home. Well, let me tell ya'll - he brought home 121 POUNDS of meat yesterday and I will be cooking it. Has anyone looked at the price of meat in the grocery store lately? I will be cooking it. Of course now that I have seen the pictures and heard the details it might be a little harder to eat it but I am determined to do this. I mean people eat fresh kill all the time right?

Obviously we made it home safe and sound last night. I drove the whole way home since Craig had only had about two hours of sleep in the last 24 hours. We had great weather to travel in and the kids were very good. Friday's trip up to Tennessee was stressful with the wind and the rain and all the traffic but, even still, God gave me peace and we had a safe trip. My dad got to visit with the kids over the weekend and that was fun.

I'm posting some pictures from Craig's trip. I am only posting one picture of him with a dead animal so you have full warning if you don't want to look - it is not gross though!



Can you tell it was cold there on this day? Craig says that that was not the norm for the week though. He said it was pretty warm, but on this day they got a little sprinkling of snow and it was COLD!


Here is my man with his first kill of the week! That's all I'm going to say about that!

This is where they called home for the week. That had quite the setup. Can you see the "outhouse" off in the background on the right? Like I said, they had quite the setup!

This was a sign that was posted at kind of the "entrance" to where their campsite was. This is where they picked up their horses. Craig thought it was too funny not to take a picture of. Now that I know that they didn't actually see any snakes, I think it is kind of funny too!

Is God's country beautiful or what?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm yes, we eat fresh killed meat in this household!
Congrats Craig, can't wait to hear the stories!
Brian