Thursday, October 16, 2008

Not Good

Well, I was thinking of entitling this entry "Crap", but I didn't want to offend anyone! Crap pretty much sums up the major moments of this day. Let me give you the good news first. First of all we went shopping today at Hamricks. My Moms love them some Hamricks, plus they usually have great deals on kids clothes. So, I proudly bribed my children with fun things if they would be patient and let us shop. They did fabulous; I was extremely proud of them. I managed to get Tyler to stay in the cart for most of the time and he occupied himself quite well. He also tried to run around the dressing rooms half naked, but, hey, he's four, what do you expect? Everybody got at least one thing new, took a trip to the Dollar Store to reward exceptional behavior, did a little Taco Bell for lunch, and a little Brusters for dessert. Okay, that's the good news. Now, let me tell you the rest...

So, on our way to Hamricks I got pulled over. Yep, by a police officer complete with lights, etc.etc. When I looked down and saw I was going about 15 miles per hour OVER the speed limit and then looked up and saw him, I thought, "crap", I'm busted. So he pulls me over, I handed the man an EXPIRED insurance card. Crap. I had the updated one in my wallet, but he never asked for it. Tyler wants to know if I'm going to jail. Crap. Kayla wants to know if I'm getting a ticket. So, he comes back to my car and offers me two WARNINGS, one for the speeding, one for handing him the wrong insurance card. Thank You Jesus! Can I tell ya'll that I really wanted to cry that I was getting off so easy? Can I also tell you how badly I did not want get a ticket or have to tell my husband that I got a ticket? Shew, one crisis over with.

Well, then we hit Brusters when we get back to town and we are enjoying our wonderful ice cream and all is right with the world. Until I backed into a guard rail. Crap. Yea, it made one of those really nasty sounds and you know it is just NOT going to be pretty. Well, it wasn't. However, I have a very sweet friend whose husband came over tonight and looked at it and told me it was just scratched and most of it could be polished out, but the back light cover was going to have to be replaced - I busted out the lense over the back up lights. So, I bit the bullet and told Craig when he called tonight. He is so sweet - he said, I'm sorry you had a bad day. Then he proceeded to tell me that he won't be talking to us much because he has no cell phone service out there. Crap again. He was using his cousin's phone - at least someone has service! Anyhow, they made it there safe and sound sometime this morning. When I talked to him this morning they were in Steamboat Springs! And they were passing a hot springs pool as we were talking. He said the scenery had been absolutely beautiful since the sun had come up. Tonight they were at the camp site and had everything set up and had bought groceries and all of that. Tomorrow they go to get the horses and I think they finish getting their licenses and all of that. He sounds like he is having a great time!

We have lots of fun stuff planned with the kids for the weekend so hopefully I will have lots of pictures to post come Monday. I'm having a great time with the Moms and the kids are enjoying their Grandmas! It's so nice to have them both here at the same time.

0 comments: