Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Confusion and Other Stuff

Well, the past weekend has been an upheaval of emotion. It started with the Fireproof movie Friday night Wow, can I just tell you that you MUST go and see this movie. Almost every blog that I read has said something about it over the last week so I won't spend a ton of time on it, but GO! It led Craig and I to some great conversation about priorities and the direction of where our family is going and where we want it to go. It has led to many changes for me this week just trying to make my priorities line up with what God wants them to look like. So it has been several days of praying and thinking and trying to rearrange things in our life so we are, first of all, in line with God's will, and, second of all, so that our family runs smoother. That has been our weekend and the first part of this week.

In honor of Shannon's Not Me Mondays, I do have a few things to post, even though it is not Monday, so here goes:

I did NOT have to wash clothes more than once after leaving them in the washer too long. That would be disgusting and what would people think about my housekeeping abilities.

I did NOT cry like a baby in Ruby Tuesday over my blondie and ice cream last week.

I did NOT take credit for my spring flowers still being alive after the whole summer when I knew that had it not been for my husband watering them they would be dead.

I did NOT choose to sleep in over walking in the morning - do you think I have no discipline???

I did NOT put off doing my ironing again for the second week in a row - that would be just plain lazy.

I did decorate my house for fall yesterday. I love, love, love to decorate for the holidays and Tyler was in such a rush yesterday to get "those fall decorations" out. He has cracked up this week over some of the scarecrows and stuff in our neighborhood. It's so fun to see the holidays through the eyes of a four year old.

This weekend we have a Sunday School progressive dinner on Friday night. I'm looking forward to the fun and fellowship that that will bring. I can't remember if Michigan plays this Saturday but if they do you will find us once again parked in front of the television hollering at the screen. Our boys pulled out a major upset this past week and about gave Craig and I a heart attach in the process. Go Blue! I'm loving college football this year. It has been so much fun to watch with Craig even though I have to stop him several times during the game to ask him to explain something to me:).

Speaking of my wonderful husband, he leaves for his hunting trip in just a couple of weeks. I hate when he is gone. I will miss him like crazy, but am so excited that he and his dad are getting to spend this time together. I'm so excited that my mother-in-law will be coming down to spend those almost two weeks with us. She is going to do some sewing for me and hopefully we will get to do some shopping and have some fun with the kids while they are on fall break.

Well, I'm doing this at work (shame, shame, shame) so I better get off of here and try to find something to do.

Oh, one more thing -- my mom's birthday is today and she is turning 60 and now pushing 61! Happy Birthday Mom! I love you! Wish I was there so I could take you to lunch!

0 comments: