Monday, October 13, 2008

Who Dun It?

Alright people, who forgot to sign their name to the last comment left on the last blog entry I wrote about the book? Come on - work with me. In follow up to that post, please let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed that book by Karen K. and it WAS the first book in the Redemption series. I was telling a friend yesterday, the crazy person that lent me the book in the first place(hehehe), that when I finally sit down to read a book I like it to be completely mindless. I want butterflies and roses - you know what I mean. Karen's books just are not like that. Yes, they have a great message and yes, they are so very real life, but you gotta admit they are heavy. If you have read a Time to Dance please tell me you can see what I mean. I mean the whole book is about this couple that is about to get divorced only they're waiting for the kids to make it through these milestones before they break the news to them. You have to admit that is heavy reading and I stand by my opinion that that was the most depressing book I have ever read next to a non-christian book about a husband who had an affair with his wife's best friend. That one was so incredibly depressing and ungodly that I didn't even read the whole thing. Again, that is not to say that Karen K. does not present an awesome message of hope and salvation, just that her books are often very heavy! Remember, opinions are like belly buttons... you know the rest.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lisa...I guess that was me - Lara! I have so many log ins on so many different things that I can't always remember mine to log in when posting a blog comment!!
How funny that the ONE Karen K book you read is the ONE of hers that i couldn't finish!!! I have still not gone back and tried to read that one - it just didn't "get" me like her others - but especially the redemption series! So yes, now I can fully understand the "heaviness" you are talkiing about!! Keep reading that redemption series and the other two series that follow that (same family) and I bet you will fall in love with those characters! I just finished the very last book :-(
Have you ever read Nancy Moser??