Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Admitting Defeat After a Really Crummy Day

So I'm giving up on the puzzle. I admit it Brian - I am a wuss! It is too hard and I'm cracking under the pressure - hahaha! I have maybe 75-100 pieces left and I just have to give it up. I'm getting nothing done because I'm too busy trying to fit all of these crazy little pieces together - I'm going to need therapy after this!

Okay, aside from the crazy puzzle, let me tell you about my day as a parent. Now, please understand, I'm not downing my kids - they are great kids and most of the time they are very good, but today has not been one of the "most of the time" days. I was told by Tyler's teacher at K3 today that he is just not listening to her at all. He has been having to sit in time out for disobedience. Agghhh! Not only that but he also had dirty pants when I got him home. So, Craig and I are in crack down mode. Every now and then we find ourselves getting lax in our discipline skills and the kids begin to act like hooligans and we have to take that firm hand again. So this afternoon with Tyler we have been working on his listening skills as well as his potty training skills. Then Kayla has also decided this afternoon that it was time for drama and attitude. Eeesh! Oh well, what are you going to do? Discipline and love and discipline in love!

Okay, for a happy note - I sold several things on ebay today and did pretty darn good for myself! For instance, I bought an American Girl shirt for Kayla for her birthday last year brand new for $16.00. She has outgrown it and I sold it on ebay today for $11.50! Yea!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! YOU'RE NOT QUITTING ON THE PUZZLE!!!!!!!!! I was so inspired about your quest that I got down the 1000 piece Thomas Kincade puzzle that I have and threatened to work on it with Kim. For me a puzzle IS therapy but Kim does not like to do them much. Oh well, we'll be spending "quality" time together!

Brian