Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Life In General

Well, we have entered back into the real world this week! Life has been crazy to say the least. Mostly because I have been sick and you know things never go smoothly when you are sick. Do any of you stay at moms out there ever wish that we had built in sick days? You know, where you could call in to whomever and say - "sorry, not coming to work today, I'm sick". And then, magically, here comes the temporary fly lady fairy to care for your children, clean the house, do the laundry, and cook dinner. Well, I haven't met any such fairy but thankfully, God has blessed me with a wonderful husband who helps out tremendously on days like that! And let me tell ya'll - I'm not a good sick person!!! When Craig gets sick, he is very quiet, doesn't ask for anything, he just kind of lays around and watches TV. NOT ME!!! I have to moan and whine! Oh, well, it's a good thing he loves me anyway! I spent the better part of the weekend moaning! On Monday I decided it really didn't matter how I felt, I had things to do! Today, I'm feeling a little better and I am so far behind that I will be spending the majority of today and the rest of the week playing catch up.

Tyler and I are starting something new today. They have been working on letters and sounds at "school", so we are going to begin today at home working on writing his name and making sure that he knows his address and phone number and we will also reinforce the letters and sounds that he is learning at school. I can't believe that he will be four in March and then I only have him at home for one more year! Yikes! I'm not looking forward to sending him off to Kindergarten. I remember when Kayla started school. For a week I would be at home going about my normal routine and I would keep looking over my shoulder waiting for her to come and ask a question and wondering why it was so quiet in the house. Eeeesh - it really will be quiet when Tyler starts school!

0 comments: