Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What's New?

Well, the answer to that question is not much of anything! I haven't posted in a few days because I don't really have any exciting stuff going on this week. Just the mundane! You know it is sometimes very hard to find joy in the mundane of life - the parenting and marital issues that arise that you just don't know what to do with, the walk with the Lord that somehow seems to have grown stagnant, and then just the other relationships of life that make you wonder, "what in the world am I doing here". Please tell me that I am not the only one who feels this way at times!!! It seems that Craig and I have fallen back into a phase of busyness and the end of the day comes and we are both in such a blur that all we want to do is go to bed. Well, I am on a mission for change this morning. I hate feeling this way and in the sweet words of my mother, "I have five minutes to feel sorry for myself and then I need to get up and do something constructive!". Don't tell her this, but I think I have spent more than five minutes! BUT, I am choosing joy today. I was just asking God this morning to please give me the ability to find joy in things. Things like last night on the way to Craig's basketball game when we had several things that we needed to talk about, but couldn't because every time we started one of the kids would interrupt. How to find joy in that??? I am so thankful that God has blessed me with healthy, happy children who CAN talk. I have precious friend who has never heard her son say I love you because he can't talk. Thank you Lord for my kids who sometimes have so much to say that my ears cannot hold it all. That is just one example and I thought of several this morning. So for today, I choose to find joy in what sometimes seems like the mundane of life, I choose to pray to be filled up and poured out rather than feeling sorry for myself that I am exhausted and weary, and I also choose to get up and be productive rather than sit here at my computer typing away! I hope everybody finds a little joy today - you don't have to look far!

0 comments: