Friday, July 11, 2008

Around the World in Five Hours

Okay, maybe it was just around Augusta in five hours, but it felt like the world. For my friends that have more than two children I applaud you; if you have four or more I really want to kiss your feet. I have two and today it has felt like I have about ten. I think I'm gonna need a sedative. Why is it that when you are trying to think really hard and shop at the same time that your children feel the need to talk to you ALOT and ask for EVERYTHING!!! I really think this was my worst shopping day of the summer. Craig called me at 3:00 and when I told him I was just getting home, he said, "you were at WalMart at lunch time and you are just getting home now at 3:00?". Yep, does that tell you anything? I went to one store after WalMart and I was only there for about 15 minutes. This was one of those days when I shopped with ten thousand of my closest friends. That is so special. On top of that, the lady who checked me out at WalMart, bless her soul, took forever to run my coupons through, and I felt so bad for the poor lady behind me that had already unloaded all of her groceries on the runner. Kayla announced, loudly, "Mama, this sure is taking a long time." Thanks sweetie! On top of all of that I totally blew my grocery budget out of the water this week. I paid over $4.00 for a gallon of milk - what is that about??? See that is just the kind of thing that just ticks me off. I'm thinkin' I could buy a cow cheaper than that and milk it myself! It took me less than five minutes in WalMart to completely lose every ounce of patience that I had. Oh, oh, and THEN we walked down the school supply aisle. I think I would rather have had a bikini wax than that! Okay, sorry, but I just have to get this out. Isn't there some easier way to display school supply items?? I mean we have, like, a month left until school starts and it was jam packed in those aisles. See, I personally think that WalMart should turn the entire lawn and garden section into the school supply area. Anything has got to be better than 50 people crammed into one aisle trying to find the perfect glue stick - A GLUE STICK IS A GLUE STICK!!!! JUST BUY IT!!!! Okay, I'm better now. I'm turning off my caps lock button and I'm going to go and drown my sorrows in an oatmeal creme pie or something. Does anybody have any chocolate??? Maybe a nice Grande Mocha Frappucino Light????

4 comments:

Holly said...

I didn't go to Walmart or I would have run into you, but I blew all sorts of budgets today and promised that I would spend NO MORE MONEY until NEXT payday. AAAHHH that's 2 weeks away!! Why do I already have the month's budget spent and I haven't even gotten it all?? Our shopping started at 10:30, lunch and finished at 4:30!! I am feeling your pain. I love school supplies but there is absolutely nothing worth it for me to go down those Walmart aisles!!!!!
Glad someone was sharing my joy today.

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

Sounds like we were all full of joy today! What a day! FYI, the new Supercenter by Sam's is usually not crowded and I perused the school supplies on Thursday with no problem.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I most certainly do not like to take my kids to Walmart. Last summer I went 23 days without entering Walmart's door. And I hate to say it, but it seems like every time I go in there lately somebody on one of the motorized vehicles(I don't know what you call them) tries to run me down.
They definitely think they own the aisle! I may have to use one of those things one day, but I hope I at least say excuse me! What do you say we meet at Walmart at midnight--without kids, without crowds, and hopefully without motorized vehicles in the aisles. Don't they lock those things up by midnight?
Oh, I'm at moms and don't have your email address. I just wanted to say my son just let me know ya'll were graced with his presence in a game of dominoes. Thanks for entertaining him!

Momma 2...5 said...

welcome to my world!!!! That is why I try to shop at Target!