Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Miscellaneous Updates

Well, let's see - what has been going on? I finished spring cleaning my bedroom today! Yea me! I have the cleanest bedroom in town. I'm having open tours of my bedroom tomorrow so come on by:) Seriously, doesn't it just feel good to finish something? I love it! I cannot stand to see little dust particles hanging from my ceiling or seeing the dust accumulating on my fan. Don't tell anybody, but I also pulled everything out of the bottoms of my closets so that I could dust and vacuum the baseboards! Okay, yes, I'm probably a little bit of a fanatic, but, what can I say, my mother taught me well!

Tyler is still doing so good with the potty. Although for some reason, last night he wet the bed. I'm not sure what that is about. He hasn't wet the bed in I don't know when. I'm beginning to be less and less surprised by the whole pooping thing. It is so cool - he just goes in there and does it. While I might be less surprised by it, it really does still fascinate me! Does anybody know how long I have waited for this? I will probably continue to be fascinated for awhile!

Craig has been working like a maniac in the kitchen this week. We have Kayla's birthday in a few weeks and family coming and everything. So, hopefully, we will have paint on the walls before too long. Last night he hung the new closet door. Tonight he was doing some caulking. The walls are looking really good, um, even though they are still PINK! But, as far as the dry wall repair work that he did it looks great!

We leave for the beach one week from tomorrow and I am so looking forward to getting away for a few days! The kids are really excited. Speaking of the kids, I am taking them out for a little fun tomorrow. They have been cooped up in the house too much this week. So tomorrow we are going to probably head to the free movie, do a little lunch out, and maybe go to the library or something. My children LOVE the library. Tomorrow night we are going to a jumping place, you know, with the inflatibles. Our christian radio station is hosting a free jump night so we are definitely going to jump on that one.

I guess that is it. I'm trying desparately to get into bed before 11p.m. tonight. That seems to be our bed time of late. It makes for an ugly morning! I need my sleep or I get grouchy! Goodnight everyone!

3 comments:

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

Anytime you want to pull out the stuff from my closet and dust and vaccum, come on over! By the way we'll be at the Family Night too so I'll bring Kayla's invitations with us. Sorry I missed you tonight.

Holly said...

Did I tell you that Thing 1 and Thing 2 were at the movies yesterday? NO? Thing 1--the hulky one--came and stood next to me in the aisle and just stared at us. Ian said HI but he just stared before wandering away. I'm pretty sure that the mom/grandma? that was with him didn't know he was wandering. I was watchin'!!!

Momma 2...5 said...

I wish I could share in your cleaning enthusiasm! Cleaning is not my thing, but I know what you mean about finishing something. Kaylee's room still isn't finished! Oh well, one day it will be!