Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Need a Worm Pill

Okay, so this is what my blogging has come to - posting on mundane topics like worms. Sorry, but this is the most excitement we have had all week! When we were in Mexico, Sadonna and I were so blessed to be hugely enlightened by Dr. T about worms(parasites). I now know more about worms than I ever wanted to know. You know in all honesty I don't think that I ever realized that people could get worms - I thought that was only for dogs. Come on, you know you have all see those dogs scooting their little butts across the floor like they have a seriously bad itch or something. Well, in Mexico, the people get treated for worms or parasites like we get vaccines for polio, chicken pox, MMR, etc. So many of the people that we saw there received one Vermoxx to take to rid their bodies of worms. Yea, I know, I thought it was kind of gross too, but they act like it is perfectly normal. I will spare you the details of some of the stories that we heard.

I know, I know, you're wondering why in the world I am rambling about worms, right? Well, last night we sat down to a splendid dinner of chicken fingers, mac and cheese, and peas. I was happily eating away when I noticed this tiny foreign object on my plate. I was so intrigued by it that I removed it from my plate and scooted it across the table on my napkin for Craig to look at it. He told me, in a very convincing manner I might add, that he thought it was the stem off of a pea or something. Do peas have stems - I thought they grew in a pod!!! The sad thing, I brushed it off and finished eating. So after dinner we are clearing the table and he comes over to me at the sink and in a low voice so the children don't hear, he says, "dude, that was so a worm." HELLO???? I had already gotten past it thinking it was a stupid pea stem and now he tells me AFTER I have cleared my plate that it is indeed a WORM!!!! I'm going to need a Vermoxx. I thought about writing a letter to Green Giant to express my great displeasure at finding a worm in my peas, but I figured instead of starting a class action lawsuit they would probably just enroll me in the vegetable of the month club and send me more vegetables with worms!!!

Holly, I know how much you love peas so the next time that your kids force you to abide by the Frederick table rules and eat just one, I hope you will pick out one that was not previously touched by a worm!

That's it for now. I think I need to go throw up!!!:)Bon appetite!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I think you need to check your stool for a few days to see if maybe there was more than just that one worm in the peas:)

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

Lovely! Have you not seen the episode of House that has the lady with a extremely long worm in her abdomen?? Not to worry you or anything. I think I'm going to be sick too! I do think you should write them. They'll send you a coupon at least!

Anonymous said...

Worms don't eat very much. Want to check for worms. Have Craig take you into a dark room and shine a light on your hinny. You got to be quick because the worms are. Just remember what you went into the dark room for.

An experienced Mom

Holly said...

Oh my gosh. I don't know who sent that last comment, but I had to cover my mouth and stifle my laugh!!! There are very good reasons why I don't eat peas! AND why I wash my veggies. Have you seen those pictures of worms and parasites in humans?? They are really, really long. I don't know why anyone would buy the stuff that would actually get those out of you. I have no desire to see that:)
Enjoy the dark room!!!!

churchillclan said...

Yes, well, apparently that last comment was from my mother-in-law. Thanks Ruth!

Shannon said...

This is just a gross subject......