Monday, July 7, 2008

What is Going On?

And the answer to that question is NOTHING! Wow, we have just come off of the most relaxing weekend and it looks like it will be more of the same this week. I love summer! I have to brag on my kids for a minute! They have been doing so good this summer, getting along and playing! We have been at home today doing not much of anything. I straightened up the house and did some laundry. This afternoon Kayla and I made cards. All different shapes, sizes, and occasions of cards. I'm going on a girls scrapbook weekend in a few weeks and I have been cleaning out my stuff and trying to decide what I need before I go, so we took a bunch of that stuff that I wanted to get rid of and used it to make cards. We had a big time!
Tyler is still doing great with the pottying. Craig and I are wondering when the amazement will wear off for us. I mean, he comes in the house or stops whatever he's doing and says, "mom, I'm going to the bathroom, I have to go poop", and THEN, HE DOES IT!!! It is the coolest thing! I mean, seriously, if he was old enough, I would buy him a sportscar or something! He has had two play dates with Logan this past week, so he thinks he is quite the big boy!
We had a great 4th of July. We went over and spent the evening with the Hyders, chowing tacos and playing dominoes. It was a lot of fun. If you read this and you happen to know James, ask him how he liked his gift from Mexico! James and I have a running competition of who can get the worst gift for the other. Suffice it to say that I'm winning! We went to the Fredericks for lunch on Sunday and Holly was kind enough to send Gertrude back home with me. I think lunch was a ploy to get me to take the machine home! Graceful Designs is hosting an online "Christmas in July" sale. I will be posting details soon!
Craig has gone to Lowe's tonight to order our countertops. Yikes! We have spent weeks now going back and forth over countertops and tile for the backsplash. We finally came to a decision this weekend, only to change our mind again. Now we have really made a decision and once these countertops are ordered there is no changing our minds!
Well, I think that is all that is going on around here for now. Goodness, I hope I don't have to start making up stuff to blog about. All of the sudden our life has gotten boring... How did that happen?

1 comments:

Momma 2...5 said...

I can't believe that you just said that! Now something is going to go really wrong! LOL