Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Quite a Day

Yesterday was a busy day. It was the kind of day when you get a lot done but you don't have a lot to show for it! I bit the bullet and started cleaning(spring cleaning) even knowing that there will be more drywall dust coming. I couldn't take it anymore. In the words of Vickie Mack, I was about to "nut up". I wrote my name in the drywall dust on my entertainment center! So I started back in my bedroom knowing it would take me a couple of days to work my way out to the kitchen and hoping that by the time I got there the drywalling would be mostly done. Can I confess that I didn't even get all of my bedroom done? Seriously, I worked in there all day and I still have two closets to clean out, another wall to wipe down, and doors to wipe down. No I do not wash my walls all the time for those of you who are wondering, but with all the dust they needed to be done. So when I say I was cleaning, it was major cleaning. I moved furniture, did the windows and blinds, washed all my little chotskies, took pictures off the wall and washed those, and on and on it goes.

I did have about an hour long interruption yesterday that was kind of funny. I had these two little eight year old twin boys show up on my doorstep yesterday and announce to me that they were "those guys' friends", talking about Kayla and Tyler. They wanted to play so I invited them to go into the back yard and play. The one boy had to call his mom first and let her know where he was. They don't know me from Adam and yet she was fine with them being over here. They actually just live in the house in back of ours, but still! They were getting annoyed with Tyler(he was being terrible!) and wanted to know if Kayla could come over to their house and then they wouldn't have to "deal with him". Um, let me think about that...NO! I'm sorry, but this is just a soapbox issue for me. The mother of these children just let them come over to our house and she doesn't know me. I could be a maniac of some sort! I'm not, but does she really know that? She didn't even know where they were. They had to explain to her on the phone which house they were at in the neighborhood. Then she got on the phone with me and explained that they could "stay for a little while; just send them home when you get tired of them". Okey dokey! So in the space of an hour I cleaned up three glasses of spilled water, dispensed multi-colors of popsicles, disciplined Tyler for pulling his pants down, turning the water hose loose on them, licking them(he has decided he is the family dog), and countless other things. Honestly, if I were a kid, I wouldn't have wanted to "deal with him" either. He was B-A-D yesterday! I have to tell you this funny thing though. I was telling Craig about these boys showing up on my doorstep and Craig said, "great we've got Thing One and Thing Two in our back yard - don't let them in the house". That cracked me up. I could just picture the little troll looking guys with the crazy hair!!!

Last night I went on a very fun girls night out to celebrate the birthdays of three different friends. What fun! It was so good to just check out for a few hours and laugh and relax! It was after nine when I got home, and I have been desperately trying to walk every day. So I was walking at 10:00 last night. Now, I don't care how nice of a neighborhood you live in - it is just spooky to walk that late at night. It was creeping me out! Ya'll know I don't like the dark and all those shadows and stuff. Ugh!

Today I am off to work. Kayla is going with me since Tyler will be at Mother's Day Out. I'm not sure if she is excited or dreading it. Usually we have our fun day on Tuesday, but I am so behind at work that I figured I would take this morning and try to get a few things done. Then this afternoon I will be finishing up my bedroom! Yea! Oh, while I was gone last night, Craig put a second coat of primer on the walls. He had to buy another gallon of primer and this one has a different pink tint to it, so now I have two tone pink walls! It is hilarious looking!

I'm off - hope everyone has a great day...

0 comments: