Thursday, July 10, 2008

Miscellaneous Tidbits

I wish ya'll could be at my house right now. It is so quiet, yet my children are here - they are just playing. It is weird. All of a sudden my kids have hit this age where they actually do things without me. I love it and hate it all at the same time. Kendall came to spend the night last night. Her and Kayla had a very big time putting their American Girl dolls to bed and then going to bed themselves. Either I was really tired or they were really tired because I hardly heard a peep out of them all night. Of course, that could be because I threatened them. Hahaha! Seriously, I told them that I was really tired and if they didn't let me sleep that we were going to have to stay home from the movie this morning so I could sleep! Aren't I a fun mom - sleep or else we have no fun!!! Kendall told me that I was fired as her babysitter because I fed her ice cream for dinner after church last night and let them eat popcorn and candy at the movies at 10:00 this morning. But, hey, I did feed them pizza for lunch so that is sort of healthy right! Seriously, they have had a great time together. She'll be here for a couple of more hours and then I get to go and babysit Ryland tonight! Don't worry Shannon, I will only feed him a few M&M's at a time!

I have been doing a lot of writing. Craig is really after me to be on a "2 year plan". In two years he wants me to have a best selling novel written! He has so much confidence in me - it is kind of scary. But, I have been trying to do better. I actually looked up several writing competitions online that I'm going to try to submit some stuff to - more for practice than anything else. In all honesty, though, I am loving it!

We are getting geared up to head to the beach in about two weeks - actually it is exactly two weeks from today. Jim and Janna have been kind enough to trust us to take Kendall with us. Of course after she finds out about all the junk that I let her eat last night and today she might change her mind! We are going to Myrtle Beach just for a long weekend. The girls are excited and I'm ecstatic that Tyler is potty trained! Sorry, but poop and sand just do NOT go together! Kayla is dying to go to the Riplye's Believe It or Not museum so we are going to do that and then go to the water park and just hang out at the beach and the pool. I think it will be tons of fun - just good 'ol family time! The weekend after the beach I am going on a girls scrapbook weekend to Blue Ridge, GA. I'm so excited about that. We have this great cabin and we are just going to hole up in it and scrapbook all weekend and when our muscles begin to protest at having sat in one spot too long then we can get up and go out and soak in the hot tub. Bliss!!! After that weekend is Kayla's birthday and my in-laws are coming down for that. Then I think the weekend after that my brother and his family are going to come and visit. My sister-in-law and I are in the plan making stages right now. I'm so excited about them coming. I haven't seen my nephews since January! I invited them down for Kayla's spa birthday party, but my youngest nephew's birthday is that weekend too and he is having a cowboy party or something. I mean, come on, spa party with facials and pedicures or a cowboy party with ponies??? Kim, I am so offended!:)

So, our mundane, boring life right now will only last for a few more weeks and then we will be blessed with vacations and fun and fellowship with friends and family! I can't wait!

0 comments: