Sunday, July 13, 2008

What is a Mother?

According to Tyler this morning, I am a rodent. Isn't that sweet? "Mom's a rodent". I'm not sure what kind of rodent, but, come on, does it really matter? Then Kayla came in and suggested that instead of a rodent, perhaps I might be the Lochness Monster. I'm going to really have to step up my beautification ritual!

So, Kayla woke up about 2:30 this morning not feeling well. She wasn't acting very well last night either. However, she has no fever, no throwing up, no real symptoms. Says she just feels kind of loopy - welcome to my world - I feel that way all the time. Anyway, Craig had parking duty this morning so he left early for church and the three of us stayed home. I have declared today a true day of rest. The kids are vegging in front of the television, Craig is taking a nap, and I have been napping and reading all morning. I wish I could say that I am relaxed, but, honestly, I just keep thinking about everything that needs to be done. Hopefully I can alternate between resting and being productive today - is that possible? I have this very weird thing that I do - Craig thinks that I am nuts. But, when I get to this point where I feel like my house and our life, in general, are out of control, I just sort of shut down. Then I start doing stuff like cleaning out cupboards and closets. Seriously, yesterday Craig did ALOT more sanding in the kitchen and every where that you look in my house there is this fine layer of white dust -- all the way to the back of house. It is overwhelming to me - where do you start. So, I have decided that I will start with cleaning out cupboards and closets! It is very therapeutic, and I have really neat cupboards!

0 comments: