Friday, July 4, 2008

Home Improvement Update

First of all, Happy 4th to everyone! I hope everyone has a great day of appreciating the freedom that we have and those who have given of their lives and many who have given their life to allow us that freedom.

We are spending most of our 4th doing stuff in the kitchen. It has been awhile since I've mentioned this project, because we haven't done much on it lately. Between trying to decide on countertops and tile for the backsplash, we have had a bit of a stand still! But, I think we have finally found what we want. I'm having some of the people from Tile Center over for dinner next week, but....:)It is so hard trying to judge what something will look like from a little 2x2 square!
However, we are making progress and I wanted to post some before and after pictures.
As you can see from the picture below, this is how our oven area used to look as well as a picture of when we were just beginning to strip the wallpaper...



Okay, so we have gone from that to this...



The new microwave and shelf are done. Notice my pots - I bought those in Mexico! Arent' they cute? My walls are all pink at the moment, but it really has helped to bring out the holes in the drywall that still need more mud. So I think that more mudding and sanding is next on the agenda. All I know is that when this is all done I am going to enjoy giving my home a major spring cleaning. I keep noticing things that need to be deep cleaned, but I just can't bring myself to do it when I know it is just going to get covered in drywall dust again. Oh, well - I'm sure it will wait for me!

0 comments: