Monday, July 28, 2008

Back from the Beach

We got home from the beach last night around 8:30. What a weekend! We had a great time and it was so relaxing. As a matter of fact, if I'd have been any more relaxed I'd have been dead!

Seriously, we did have a wonderful time of family time. Kendall went with us and that was just an added blessing. That gave Kayla someone to play with and, of course, Kendall fits in just like she is one of the family. The kids all played so hard! Tyler was a maniac and kept us laughing all weekend. This boy has never met a stranger. He made friends everywhere he went. He actually dumped a bucket of water on some poor strange man's head. The guy seemed to have a pretty good sense of humor so I don't think we'll be facing any assault charges or anything like that! We spent most of our time at either the beach or the pool, but did get out a couple of days to do the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, the Ripley's 4D theatre, and, my personal favorite, the Ripley's Mirror Maze. Can you say claustrophobic? Seriously, I sometimes forget that I don't like to be too enclosed or feel like I can't get out of spaces. Well, the memory comes back real quick when you are in this room that you have no idea how big or small it is, it is full of mirrors and you can't tell which way to go and there are NO exit signs. I told Craig to "get me out"!!! They had an emergency exit door that warned that "if you push on this, an alarm will sound". Thank God! I hoped to goodness that when the alarm sounded that lights would also come on and point me to the way out!!! Okay, we didn't actually have to sound the alarm, my husband has a wonderful sense of direction! That is one of those things like tubing down the Chattahoochie river in Helen - did it once, don't ever need to do it again!

I joked with a friend of mine that I was going to do a 4 B's of the Beach post, but I guess I will just include it in this one. The 4 B's of the beach; please forgive me for my crudeness, but, honestly, people, somebody needs to go here! The 4 B's of the Beach are:
1. Bellies
2. Butts
3. Boobs
4. Butt Cracks
I just have one question - what happens to people when they hit the beach? It is like they suddenly go from a size 5X to a size 2! I don't get it. Do they not know that they have hang over in the front? or that their equator is showing? And, how is that even comfortable? Now, listen, if you got the body and you want to wear your bikinis and your thongs then by all means, go for it. Maybe this just comes from being extremely self conscious, I don't know. I think for years to come though, that when I go to the beach I will no longer worry about how I look because when you are at the beach I really don't think anybody cares! Honestly, there were several times that I wished for several extra sets of hands and arms so that I could cover mine and my family's eyeballs! I will never forget the year that we went with Craig's family to Daytona and I was hanging out on the beach in my comfy beach lounger watching the people walk by on the beach. I almost fell off of my chair when this man ran by wearing a bikini thong! I mean it was sparse in the front but when he ran by and there was only dental floss on the back side it was almost more than I could handle. BUT, he had the body for it - there was not an ounce of fat on his body. Now, I mean, the fact that he was, like 60, was a little disturbing, but hey, to each his own!

Okay, enough of this. I'm probably being terribly judgmental and I will probably feel guilty for posting this later and go back and delete it, but I just felt like somebody needed to say what all of America is thinking! I feel like Paul Harvey! Good day!(My dad and brother are probably the only ones who got that, but, I hope the rest of you have been blessed enough to hear at least one Paul Harvey broadcast in your lifetime!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my daughter! You "crack me up"!!!!! On the serious side, glad you are home safe and sound(?), and had a great time at the beach watching bums!! Love you....Mom:)

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Will you believe that I love Paul Harvey? I haven't heard him in a very long time, but he always makes me think of my dad. Oh so much we have in common...
Sadonna