Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, it is before 7a.m. on Monday morning. I have been up since 5:30 - I'm ready to go back to bed! I have been doing this for a few weeks now where I get up before Craig leaves for work and go out and walk. When you live in the south and it gets up to 100 degrees + in the summer, if you want to exercise you better do it really early or really late. I am not a morning person, but I have to say that I have really been enjoying this time in the morning. I have been having my prayer time while I walk and it has been awesome. At that time in the morning there are NO distractions. A lot of mornings that I walk I don't even see any cars out and if I do it is usually only one or two. There is not even much to think about that early in the day because nothing has happened yet, so it has been a sweet, sweet time with the Lord. By the time I get home I'm ready to sit down with my coffee and my Bible and, wow, God has been showing me some great things. I do have to confess though that there are many morning when I go back to bed after my quiet time!!! The older I get the more I realize how much I love to sleep!

Hope everyone had a restful weekend. Ours was pretty low key. Saturday Tyler had a birthday party that Craig took him to. Normally I do the birthdays, but this one involved water balloons and so I let Craig handle it! Can I just say that Tyler had a great time! He came home with an inflatable sword that he has not put down all weekend. As a matter of fact, all of us have played with it! We have beat each other with it and cut off body parts and just had a blast! Abbie - this was by far the best birthday "treat" that we have gotten!!! Kayla and I did not do anything quite so fun. We cleaned her bedroom. Yikes! Actually we just cleaned out, I have not actually cleaned anything in there yet, except the bedding.I am gearing up for a huge yard sale and a huge ebay sale! It kind of broke my heart though - she got rid of her Barbies and even some stuffed animals. Craig also told me that it is now time for us to get rid of our plastic bowls and plates! I'm not ready for that! Anyway, Saturday was mostly just a "work around the house" day. Yesterday was church and then I spent all afternoon out shopping by myself for myself. Wow! That was a lot of fun! Last night we had a movie night at church and it was really good. We watched "Flywheel", by the same people that did "Facing the Giants". I would highly recommend it. Not your typical Hollywood movie, so it was really very good!

The week ahead is shaping up to be extremely busy. The kids are going swimming with some friends today while I go to work. I have a meeting at a nursing home this morning and I hate those. It is so incredibly depressing. After that I'm going to go into work for a couple of hours. When I get home I have some Graceful Designs orders to fill and AWANA stuff to work on. Our AWANA starts back on August 17, but there is a lot of prep work to be done. For my WABC blog readers, if you are not involved in AWANA and would like to be PLEASE let me know - we still need several leaders who will just come every week and listen to Bible verses. Shameless plug, I know. Other than that the week will be full of getting ready to go to the beach. Yea!!!

Happy Monday everybody!

0 comments: