Monday, June 16, 2008

Cooking Fun

Today has been one of those very rare, very productive days. Busy, but productive. The kids and I got up this morning and started cleaning. I am learning that my children are capable of much more than I give them credit for. Kayla vaccuumed today and did a great job. She is also a fabulous duster! Tyler is becoming awesome at doing laundry. He hauls the clothes from the bedroom to the laundry room, loads the baskets, and is even putting his own clothes away. They were a big help today and it felt great to get the house cleaned! This afternoon I spent at work. Left there and came home and got the kids and then we went to pick up Kayla's friend, McZ. They were cooking dinner tonight and then McZ is spending the night and we are going on a girls fun day tomorrow. Tonight they cooked and boy did we all have fun. I think I should have waited until tomorrow to clean the house! Seriously, I had to keep mentally saying to myself. It is okay, it can be cleaned again, and again, and again...:-) Okay, for the menu...are you ready for this:

Appetizers: Cinnamon-Apple Nacho
Main Dish: Mini Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta and Watermelon Sodas to drink. The sodas were just as disgusting as they sound. Dad, I wish you could have been here for the watermelon - I know it is your fave. However, Kayla and McZ loved them; I guess that is really all that matters!
Dessert: Cookie and ice cream fill your handwiches! Cute name, huh? You gotta love Rachel Ray and her corny recipes.

The results - everything was good, um, except for the sodas. Yuck! Oh, oh, on top of that we dunked the tops of our glasses into corn syrup and then into colored decorator's sugar. Ugh!!! So you know, your lips kind of stuck to the rim of the glass when you took the first drink, and then you're puckered up with all of this nasty syrup and sugar stuck to your lips. Gives me the heebie geebies just thinkin' about it! Anyway, it was fun - the girls had a blast and I guess that is all that matters! Here are some pics from our fun meal...




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad the dinner went well..even though it still makes me gag thinking about shrimp and watermelon.

Momma 2...5 said...

Sounds like fun! I agree with you about the watermelon soda though!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I want a Cookie and Ice Cream Handwich!! They were yummy when we had them at my house!!

Love, "Grammy"