Friday, June 20, 2008

The First Leg

Well, we did it. We took the kids to Ruth and Ron. My house is so quiet this morning that it is almost deafening. How long has it been since I have had the whole house to myself for an entire day? It is weird. Anyway, yesterday went okay, I guess. I bawled like a baby. Poor R&R - they probably didn't know what to think - sorry guys! Kayla was upset, of course, and Tyler just didn't have a clue what was going on. But, I spoke with Ruth last night and they were already having a great time and enjoying themselves! I'm not sure that Craig and I did as well. I had told myself not to cry until we were on our way down the road and I totally flubbed that one. Even once I got calmed down, the ride home was very quiet. I told Craig that we should be enjoying our time together, but I don't think either one of us was in the mood to be jovial!

So today is a new day and even though my house is way too quiet and I miss my kids like crazy, I'm going to get done what I need to do and try to enjoy the day. I have to get my toiletries packed today and a few last odd and end things tucked into my carry-ons. I have to go to work for an hour or two. Craig and I are going out to dinner tonight, then dropping my bags off at the church, and then we have a surprise party for a friend that we are going to. And then I hope that I will sleep at least a little bit tonight. This week has been rough in the sleep department. I have been trying to read for a little while until I get sleepy, but even after that I lay in bed and my mind is just all over the place wondering what to expect for this next week.

I guess that's that. I've got to get moving because things will not get done with me sitting here blogging!

0 comments: