Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Next Purchase

I have decided that I am going to buy a drum set. That's right, a drum set. I am going to strap it to my waist so I can entertain myself while I am skidding around town! Yea, the Energizer Bunny has been heavy on my mind this week! I figure that little guy is pretty annoying the way that he just keeps going and going and going and...ok, got the picture. However, even though he is definitely annoying, just think of how productive he has got to be. I mean he goes forever, and he has his music so he is well entertained on the way! Oh, speaking of music and entertainment, our van has been acting a little strange, and on my way home from work tonight the radio would not work. You who know me well, know that that is just about the worst thing that can happen to me. I love my music, I love to sing, all the time, about anything, anywhere, all the time. I kid you not, I just sang all by myself on the way home. I was one of those people that you see going down the road just having a big 'ol time all by themselves.

Okay, I'm regressing. Back to the Energizer Bunny. By the way, I keep calling it a "he", but it was, in fact, pink, so it must be a "she". I like to think that "she" was a mom and she is a cool mom because she has her own drum set, which means she cannot hear her children squabbling with one another while she is skidding around town. Anyway, my point to all of this is that I just thought that with all of the running that I have done this week that I should at least be able to entertain myself and drown out the kids' fussing. And, I mean if I am skidding and swinging those drum sticks, aren't I bound to skid off a few pounds along the way too. See? I'm thinking this could be a very wise investment for me. Okay, okay, enough of the talk about pink bunnies!

And really my kids have been doing pretty well with another about getting along. Every since I started letting them just duke it out, Tyler doesn't seem nearly as anxious to beat up on Kayla when he now knows that she is allowed to hit her back. I am justifying my warped parenting by telling myself that they are forming excellent problem solving skills when I tell them to work it out! Seriously, they have been really good this week. We are still battling the potty training issue, which I am beginning to realize is just something that I am probably going to have to battle FOREVER, because I'm not sure Tyler is ever going to get it!!! Don't even get me started on that whole topic.

This morning I took Kayla and McZ to see "Everyone's Hero". I wasn't sure they would like it because it was a baseball movie but they actually really enjoyed it. After that it was a blur of lunch, errands, hair cuts, and work. However, today is my last day of running. Tomorrow I am going to get the kids packed and ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. They will be starting out their week in TN with a few days of camping - they are looking forward to sleeping in G&G's trailer! I can't believe that I am this close to leaving for Mexico! Ahhh! So, tomorrow is packing and doing laundry. Thursday we will meet R&R part way between here and there and drop the kids off. Friday is packing for me, and then Saturday, I'm off! More about the mission trip to come in the next couple of days...

0 comments: