Friday, June 13, 2008

The Day is Done

Shew. It has been a busy day. I did get to sit down and relax for about an hour this afternoon and that was nice. Oh, and Craig and I also got about an hour together tonight while the kids were at VBS, and that was great. Bible schools are over for this year - Kayla had a great week. Tyler only went twice but he had fun too.

My husband was cracking me up tonight. You know when the kids go through these periods of ugliness like they are in now we have to laugh with each other lest we lose our sanity. When we got home from VBS tonight they were in an especially rare form of sassyness and misbehavin' and Craig said, "just give me a very sharp stick, and I am slowly going to insert it into my left eye because I think that might be more fun than this." He keeps me laughing even when times are tough. I was just telling my mom that we are going through this very weird season in our lives right now. I have to admit that Craig and I have always had it pretty easy in the big scheme of things, God has always made things pretty clear to us and has blessed us greatly. But for some reason we seem to be just wallerin' in a pit of confusion and turmoil right now! I keep praying and I keep hearing, "wait". Dear God, I'm not sure how much longer I can last in this season!!! AAGGGHHH - just give me the sharp stick! Okay, I'm kidding. Seriously, we have to keep laughing or else we would both end up committed somewhere!

On a very stinky note, Tyler is testing every limit of potty training right now. Shannon told me today that he is playing us big time - it's so nice to have friends who don't beat around the bush(love ya Shannabannon!). I'm being serious too, because sometimes you don't see it yourself. So, Craig and I have firmly planted our feet on this plan and we ain't backin' down! If this doesn't work, I'm thinking of hypnosis!

0 comments: