Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, we made it home last night around 10:00. We DID stop twice on the way home and I was extremely grateful for that! Today has been busy just trying to get settled back in. I forced myself to go out on my walk this morning even though it was already hot, but I was glad I did it after I got home! Then Kayla and I tried to give some TLC to all of my flowers. Most of them weathered five days of no water pretty well, but I have one that I'm not sure is going to make it. At least all of the ones out front survived. We pulled weeds and plucked dead blooms and watered. Then I spent the majority of the rest of the morning sorting through paperwork, mail, and paying bills. The afternoon found us at the grocery store trying to restock my cupboards! Has anyone besides me noticed how the grocery prices have gone sky high? Hhhhmmmm... We got home about 4:00 and Tyler wanted to rock-a-bye. He is one tired boy after five days with the grandparents - he plays so hard! So I rocked him to sleep and even snoozed a little myself. Can I tell you that it is now 9:30 and that boy is still sleeping? He will be up at 5:00 tomorrow probably but at least he will be well rested. Tomorrow we are attacking the poopy training again. How fun.

As for the weekend with both sets of parents - it was a lot of fun! We got to enjoy my parent's pool, which the kids loved. The water was freezing the first day, but the sun was not, so I got torched(my own fault), so I wasn't too eager to get back in. Papa took Kayla in on Sunday afternoon and they had a big time. I think Kayla got the most enjoyment out of watching Papa try to get on his float; apparently, he was less than coordinated!!! Mom and I shopped until we dropped, literally! We finished decorating her living room and redecorating her master bath. I love doing that kind of shopping and it all looked so pretty when it was done. I even got to enjoy some of my mil's homemade apple pie! Yum! The guys did a great job on the bathroom renovation, although I think Craig completely wore his dad out! They finished it up enough so that R&R can finish up the dry wall and painting work. We tried to stay away from their house so as not to add to the confusion, but the kids spent Saturday morning over there helping Grandma in the garden and also making the pies, and then we enjoyed dinner with them on Saturday night. Saturday afternoon we went to one of my high school friend's weddings. That is the first time that I have seen some of my friends from school since we graduated in '94. How funny! One of my boyfriends from HS is now a youth minister!!! That cracked me up, but you have to know him to appreciate it I guess. Anyway, the wedding was suprisingly fun even though I was dreading it a little bit. You don't know what to expect after not seeing people for almost 15 years! But it turned out to be fun!

I guess that about sums up our trip and our day of catching up!

0 comments: