Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm Ready

I'm officially all packed! My two big suitcases are ready to go to the church tonight. Craig weighed them the other night and one was 48lbs and the other was 49lbs. Let's hope our scales are accurate or at the very least, heavy!

Prayer Requests for the trip:

1. Safety
2. That the hearts of the Mexican people will be already tender and open to the teaching of God's Word
3. Flexibility for our team to roll with whatever comes about
4. Pray for the three of us that I know that this is our first trip and all three of us are leaving our children and our husbands behind. Pray that the kids(and us) will handle the seperation well
5. That no one would be affected by the altitude.
6. For me specifically I would ask that you all pray for me and the pediatrician that I am going to be working with - that I will be able to anticipate exactly what he needs and that we will work well together from day one. Also, please pray that I don't pass out if I have to look at blood or anything like that. Stop laughing - I'm being completely serious. I have laughed about this so much since God called me to this trip and it just reinforces God's sense of humor to me. That He would call me, Lisa, who hates needles, blood, pain, etc. to go on a medical mission trip. BUT, as Shannon reminded me just yesterday, He has called and now He will equip. Thank you Lord.

I can't wait to tell all of you about this when I get back. Know that I will be journaling so I don't miss a detail. If I get a chance to get online over there I will update. Thank you to each one of you who is praying!

1 comments:

Momma 2...5 said...

Praying that your trip is great! Waiting to hear how everything goes!
Love you!
Amanda