Saturday, June 7, 2008

It is Hot!!!

Summer has officially hit here in Georgia. It is HOT!!! It was a long day inside today, because it was really even too hot for the kids to go outside - Tyler wasn't happy with that.

I set off this morning to the beauty salon to get my "hair did", as my friend Vickie Mack would say! So now I have stinky hair b/c I got a perm. Made a stop at the post office to mail some ebay stuff. My mother is getting into ebay, I think! She cleaned out a bunch of books while I was home and I listed them on ebay for her and she did great with them! Yea Mom! Anyway then it was home to a mess, although Craig had vaccuumed up all of the drywall dust and done the dishes, but the whole rest of the kitchen was on the table. So I was trying to get some of that stuff put up. The microwave is going where the cabinet was that held all of my cookbooks so I had to find a place for all of those. I spent the afternoon alternating between reading and cooking. We had the blessing of being able to take a meal to some friends tonight. Wow, what a time we had visiting with them tonight. They have been having a rough time and yet they are able to praise God that it has not been any worse than what it has been. I guess when you, literally, stare death in the face, and God brings you back it puts things into perspective for you. Again, what a blessing!

Craig is now working on my microwave, yes, still. Who knew what a big project this was. My stuff is back out in the middle of the kitchen and we are working around a mess. You got to love home improvement. Next step for me is to pick out the backsplash that I want and to pick paint. For Craig, prime the walls, sand the closet, mount the microwave, build shelf above the microwave. I guess we know who has the harder job, huh - it is hard to pick a paint color!:-)LOL

1 comments:

Momma 2...5 said...

Look forward to seeing the new kitchen!

BTW, I do not know about that box. I have changed a lot of the colors on my template and maybe that is why you can't see a box around mine. Just play around with your colors and see if that helps. You could always google "box around my blog signature."

Sorry, I know that is not much help.:(

Have a good night anyway. (your sig. is CUTE!!!)