Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm Home

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am home, especially to all of my extended family in NY - thanks for praying this week! I'm not going to post much right yet because I am still in the overwhelmed stage and I am exhausted, but I will tell you one thing. I am hooked on missions, be it foreign or local. I can't wait to go back. To see that the same God you serve everyday is the same God that is served in a foreign country is overwhelmingly sweet. I cried in their Sunday sermon as they sang a praise chorus that we sing here and you could hear the blending of languages lifting praise to the same mighty God. I think we all know that there are people all over the world that serve the same God as we do, but I'm telling you, when you witness it in person, it is undescribable. We saw over 1400 people make a profession of faith this week. I actually got to listen as people prayed to accept Jesus as their own personal Savior in Spanish - that will make you weep. I journaled 3-4 pages every day that I was there and took almost 400 pictures/videos. I can't wait to share some of it with you along with how God worked in my own life this week. I will try to post over the next week about it, but it will probably come in spurts. We got up at 1a.m. yesterday to leave the hotel by 3 a.m., so it was a long day after a busy week and I'm no where near caught up, but watch out when I do get caught up because I have some awesome things to share with you. Thank you all again for praying for me and our whole team while we were gone - we felt every prayer.

0 comments: