Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Adventure Begins

Okay, so I get the kids to church and I enlist Kayla and Kendall's help in getting my AWANA rooms ready. Well, I begin to get slightly paranoid because oftentimes Tyler likes to have his "movement" right before going to Cubbies, so I am watching him like a hawk and I keep asking him if he has to go. Sure enough he says to me, I have to poop. Great! I've got teachers coming in a few minutes, rooms that need to be set up, and he has to go poop. This IS a good thing, right? Well, the bathroom is just a few doors down from my room so I bribe Kayla and Kendall to take him by promising them candy - that's what every good mom does right? So, off they go to the bathroom and I continue on with getting my stuff ready. Everything is going fine until the fire alarm in our church goes off. That's right - loud and flashing. Kayla and Kendall come running out of the bathroom - Kayla is freaking out. Next, here comes Tyler with his pants and pullup down around his ankles and he is crying. Great! Thanks to the kids who pulled that by the way - very funny! So, of course, we all head downstairs to find out that some kids pulled it thinking that would be funny. Would have been funny except now I have two children who are traumatized and don't want to leave my side because they are scared there is a fire. Well, Kayla and Kendall head out to the playground for a few minutes before AWANA starts, I get my stuff finished, get Tyler delivered to his class, and head to opening ceremony only to meet Kayla in the hallway. Seems some older boy has traumatized her on the tire swing and her stomach is not feeling well. So she ended up spending the night with me while I made my rounds. By the end of the night she was holding the trash can scared she was going to throw up. Now we are home. PJ's have been donned, teeth have been brushed, and a book has been read. Kayla is sleeping with the trash can. Tyler is up for his second time; first because he was scared; second to use the bathroom. How long will this night go on?

1 comments:

Holly said...

Ian said that an exchange student pulled that fire alarm and that it was an accident! I grilled them wanting to make sure MY children had nothing to do with that!!!!