Monday, March 17, 2008

Define Normal

I joked with my dad all day yesterday that today when they left that things would "get back to normal". That has been a joke in our family for several years; every time parents or in-laws leave things are supposed to get back to normal. I had to laugh last night because I feel like that our life is always so nuts that I'm not sure what normal is any more, but I sure would like to find it again!

We had a very good weekend with my parents. And also my husband is home and feeling much better so that is wonderful. They both came through Atlanta Friday night within minutes of the tornado that hit down town. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Saturday we spent just kind of hanging around the house letting Tyler open his birthday presents. I will post pictures from the that hopefully later today. He loved his gifts! We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and then out to do some shopping. Yesterday was church. Then last night we played Yahtzee and it was a shame that I had to beat my dad so bad. Poor thing, he went to bed in tears!:) Or maybe that was me!

Now today, I guess we really are back to normal. It's back to just the four of us, Craig and I are both back to work, the kids are both back to school. Tonight we will start back to walking. It has been absolutely beautiful here, except for Saturday afternoon. We had tornado warnings all evening Saturday and we weren't sure where they were going to hit. As always God protected us, and the storm went just to the north of us.

Well, technically I am supposed to be working as I am at work, but I have finished for the morning and am just sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. Our secretary is out today and our part time secretary should be here any minute and then I can jet out of here. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments: