Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PJ Day

Today was PJ day for me and Tyler. It was wonderful to just hang out today and not have anything pressing to do. I did do some straightening up and some laundry and just some general household stuff!

Craig got our taxes done today and the home renovations are about to begin! We have sat down tonight and tried to formulate a plan of attack! We have a wet bar in our living room that is used to store all of the kid's art stuff and my canning jars and that kind of thing. Well, since it has cupboards and a sink it is just generally a lot of wasted space, so we are going to demolish it and make a storage closet with a door that will open into the hallway between my living room and kitchen. So, I have emptied the bar of everything except my canning jars which will be getting packed up this week and then I get to start tearing wallpaper! Shannon, get ready - you owe me!!!:) For those of you who don't know, Shannon and I have stripped and/or hung just about all of the wallpaper in her house. Fun times! While in the midst of those two things, Craig is going to begin gutting the bar. We also get to go and buy our stove soon!!! Yea! I have a 1980's stove that is just beggin' to be buried! I absolutley love home improvement! However, I will come back and read this entry in a couple of months when I have dust everywhere and my kitchen is completely torn apart because after all of the above will hopefully come new countertops and new flooring and new shelving in my pantry! Yikes! We'll see how far we get. Last year all of the renovating was done on the outside via vinyl siding. That was not at all what I call fun home improvement, but it was definitely necessary. So, instead of potty training issues, we will move on to home improvement updates! I think this will be much more fun than potty training!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Just let me know when you are ready for me to help with the wallpaper. Don't forget the Diff!!