Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday Drama

Well, you knew there was going to be more drama right? Yep, I'm not one to disappoint.

First of all, have to vent about my writing class - they don't score your tests/exams/assignments until the very end of the class. Then you have to submit a request for scoring and feedback. What kind of class is that?

Kayla went to a friends house after school today. She was looking a little panicked when I got there to pick her up. Apparently she fell outside and cut her finger. The friend's mom told me about and it sounded like it was not that bad. Well, she came out after her shower to have a clean band-aid put on and YIKES she ripped half of the pad of her finger off. It was still bleeding. Not good at all! It was almost as ugly as when she smashed her fingers in the horseshoes(whole 'nother story!). She has been properly bandaged and is in bed sleeping soundly!

And my sweet Tyler, well, his horns came through today. Neither of my children have ever been destructive, until now. We try to teach them to be good stewards of what God has blessed us with and that goes for everything from furniture to clothes to toys. Well, I guess he missed that speech because at some point today he pulled the carpeting loose at the bathroom door threshold. WHO DOES THAT??? What was he thinking? I'm sure there is some purely boy explanation for that, but I don't get it. Hopefully Craig can fix that!

Speaking of Craig we were on the phone together tonight on WebMD trying to diagnose him. I think he has the flu - he thinks he has gallstones. I hope he is better tomorrow. He has been absolutely miserable since Friday night. How long does this thing last?

I declare tomorrow "No Drama Day"!!!

Oh, by the way - Tyler did awesome all day today with the potty training! Praise the Lord!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might as well get used to the carpet type thing. He's a boy, it's like ingrained in their little brains to destroy things. Some things you will need to have around with boys....ready for your shopping list?
Resolve carpet cleaner
A toilet plunger
Sheetrock spackle
A sponge for removing crayons from walls.
A can of Coke to get vasoline out of their hair. It works, ask me how I know?
A new towel rack to replace the one that "spiderman" tore off while swinging from it.
Superglue......lots and lots of superglue. In fact, buy stock in the company.
Bandaids....boxes and boxes of them, Superman, spider man, scooby doo, power rangers. They don't even have to be busted up to wear them.
Patches for the knees of their jeans. Wonder how many pairs of jeans Ive patched?
That's about all I can think of at the moment.
Brian

churchillclan said...

Thinks for the tips. I guess you think that three boys makes you an expert or something, huh?:o)

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

At least he hasn't colored on the carpet twice (Ace) or decided to use a pencil to engrave lines in your coffee table (Ace), both of these are things he knows better about!

Hope Craig feels better. You're in my prayers.

bcuzthatsy said...

ok, I'm "official" now, I'm now a "registered user" for your blog. You will now see my post show up under the name bcuzthatsy k?

bcuzthatsy said...

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! I did it AGAIN!!!! bcuzthatsy is me Brian OK?! Don't want you to think you have a stalker.....