Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Advice for the Day

"Do not despise the day of small beginnings". That is my advice for the day. It works for home stuff, parenting, projects, work, etc. I learned this at an AWANA conference last year and I have gone back to it time and time again. Most of the time I come back to this when I am trying to get stuff done around the house and falling behind miserably. This morning it has dawned on me that this goes for so many other things as well. Sometimes it seems that we have so much on our plates that we don't know where to begin. It doesn't matter WHERE you begin - just begin. This quote is actually straight from God's Word although I can't remember the reference right now. But I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in all that we are not doing right or all that we are not getting done that we forget to focus on what we have accomplished. It might be as simple as getting one load of laundry completely done from start to finish, including ironing (threw that in there for Mom:)or it might be stopping yourself from yelling at your children just one time. Whatever it is, focus on it. Focus on the small steps!

There you go - Lisa's advice column for the day!!! Had to share...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very true, very simple, yet very profound advice. Thank you for this post today. More people should live their life this way.

Anonymous said...

sorry I forgot the sign the above post. It's me, Brian.

churchillclan said...

Thanks for telling me - that would have bugged the mess out of me if I wouldn't have known who that was from. I would have thought I had a stalker or something!